terms & conditions
terms & conditions
By booking one of our guided tours, you and your party are acknowledging and signing the following terms and conditions:
- All participants acknowledge and agree that they take part on a GNT Geotrail and Nature Tours tour or activity at their own risk.
- All participants must disclose to their GNT Geotrail and Nature Tours guide prior to the commencement of all tours whether the participant experiences any medical condition which may prevent the participant undertaking the tour.
- All participants will listen and adhere to safety briefings by GNT Geotrail and Nature Tours.
- Any participant under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible guardian.
- GNT Geotrail and Nature Tours reserve the right to change the route of a guided walk if required due to local conditions such as weather, swell or creek levels.
- Our tours will depart on time. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to advertised time. We will endeavor to contact you if you are running late, but will not delay tours for latecomers, and will not issue a refund due to late arrival.
- We recommend participants bring a hat, suncream and a water bottle, and wear fully-enclosed shoes suitable for walking. Please bring appropriate clothing for the forecast conditions (e.g. rain jacket). Our tours will operate unless local Catastrophic, Extreme or Severe Fire Conditions, local Severe Weather Warnings (for sustained winds, wind gusts or very heavy rain) or local Severe Thunderstorm Warnings have been issued.
- By a participant: notification of any tour cancelled by a participant must be via email LINK TO EMAIL. If a participant cancels with less than 24 hours notice, no refund will be given. Otherwise, a refund will be issued.
- By GNT Geotrail and Nature Tours: if we have to cancel a tour, we will notify you by phone or text or email to the contact details provided as soon as possible. A refund will be issued. For the safety of participants, tours will be cancelled if the local fire danger rating is Catastrophic, Extreme or Severe, or if local Severe Weather Warnings (for sustained winds, wind gusts or very heavy rain) or Severe Thunderstorm Warnings are issued.
- Our COVID-19 safety plan follows current NSW Government guidelines. Our guides are fully vaccinated. Social distancing and good hygiene is encouraged on our tours.
Walking meet points and trail conditions
- The meeting point for the Newcastle Coastal Geotrail Discovery Tour is on the grass on the beach side of the main entrance (under the clock) to Nobbys Surf Life Saving Club (Nobbys SLSC). The tour is a one-way tour, and will finish at the Bogey Hole. The tour is a mostly easy walk mostly along Bathers Way (flat, paved surface) with one short beach walk and an optional rock platform walk. Currently, Bathers Way is closed along Newcastle South for upgrade. As a result, the walk will proceed through Fletcher and King Edward parks – this includes a moderate incline and decline. This walk is accessible for prams and strollers, but unfortunately it is currently not accessible for people with mobility issues. Water taps and toilets are located along this walk, including at Nobbys Surf Life Saving Club, Newcastle Ocean Baths, Newcastle Surf Club and in King Edward Park.
- The meeting point for the Glenrock Discovery Tour is Kahibah Memorial Park, Hexham Street Kahibah. The tour is a moderate walk on fire trails and gravel tracks with loose surface, some short steep inclines / declines, a short beach section, creek crossings and uneven steps. Unfortunately, this walk is not accessible to prams, strollers and people with mobility issues. This walk is not suitable for children under 14 years of age. Water taps and toilets are located at the start and finish of the walk at Kahibah Memorial Park – but please note there are no water taps or toilet facilities along the walk. Please bring sufficient water for the conditions.
Please contact us to discuss any concerns.
explore. escape. experience
GNT Geotrail and Nature Tours runs guided nature and culture walks along Newcastle’s spectacular coast, through Glenrock State Conservation Area and beyond.
Get in touch with us today to book your tour with Geotrail and Nature Tours.